Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sept-Nov 08

These times have been good.

I was stateside for almost three months. It was a time of reflection and refreshment

I was blessed to visit my home church in Corvallis Oregon, Celebration Church, as well as some valued members of my support team, Abundant Life Center in Jefferson, New Wine Open Fellowship in Corvallis and New Life Fellowship in Philomath.

Thank you friends for your welcome and encouragement.
I also spent valuable time with my family. We celebrated my Mom's 60th with a white water rafting trip. I won't lie, I was terrified.

Also I was present to welcome a new addition. Madeline June is my sister's fifth child. It was very special for me to be near for this great event.




After my time on the west coast I went to Kentucky for G.O. Ministries annual meetings. All of the American G.O. staff missionaries were there along with the board were together.


We had three days of meetings, worship and fellowship.


I will be celebrating Christmas in the Dominican Republic for the first time this year.


My heart is full already from time spent with family and friends in the US. So full that I can only imagine how overflowing it will be after also being with my Dominican brothers and sisters during this special time of the year.


Blessings to all of you as we enter the Christmas month. I pray that God be with you and yours and that Christ reveals himself more to you each day.


This is my favorite time of year because I am constantly reminded of why I am a missionary.


"Praise be to God and Father of out Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that will never perish, spoil or fade..."


~1 Peter 1:3-4a












1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hah! God is mysterious. You finally are able to visit NLF and speak and we are gone (to Africa I think, we were gone most of October).
I pray for you often. I am so happy that you are able to pursue a calling that brings you joy and, of course, brings hope and joy to others. That is what I call celebrating Christmas all year long!